As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This field guide to the fascinating alpine areas of New England is up to date, expanded, and as practical as ever. The highest ranges of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont are home to a splendid world of alpine flowers, colorful mosses and lichens, and lots of animals that live on there despite the difficult terrain and extremely severe weather. Climate change, invasive species, and human affect all threaten the specialized high-elevation flora and fauna treasured for their perseverance and rarity. With 350 full-color photographs, an easy-to-reference flowering chart, and expert advice, this guide helps you identify and offer protection to the plants, birds, insects, amphibians, and mammals of the alpine zone.
Inside You can Find:
- Photos and descriptions of nearly 200 mountain species
- Expanded entries that specialize in odd and interesting plants and animals
- Coverage of the Presidential and Franconia ranges, Mount Mansfield, and Katahdin
- Information on exploration, geology, weather, and alpine plant communities
- Results of contemporary alpine research, in addition to citizen science initiatives
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.