As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wetland identification, although theoretically straightforward, is not cut and dry as a practice. Despite the time and expense, it is an economic and environmental necessity.
The Definitive Guide to the Practice of Wetland Identification
The second edition of the bestselling Practical Handbook for Wetland Identification and Delineation offers solutions to real-world problems in the scientific and regulatory aspects of wetlands. The authors present characteristics and indicators of wetlands that are the focus of the jurisdictional issue, and discuss strategies and methods for making wetland identifications and delineations that meet federal requirements.
What?s new in the Second Edition:
- Coverage of increased options for scientific evaluation of problematic areas
- More details on definition of wetlands, description of their functions, and delineation methods used to assess their extent
- Lay examination of legal questions, regulatory/permitting requirements, statutes, and other guidance
- Information on the latest techniques for conducting wetland evaluations
- Exploration of advances in mapping, surveying and remote sensing technologies
Although the most basic delineation methods and procedures have not changed since the first edition, the availability and power of advanced mapping, remote sensing and surveying technologies have advanced the science. Low and higher altitude aerial imagery, geographic information system (GIS) databases, easily accessible land cover maps, and fine resolution satellite data are just a few of the resources available. In spite of these advances, it is still difficult to find practical directions on how to gather needed data in the literature.
Updated and revised to reflect changes in the science and technology, the second edition brings together technical criteria, field indicators, and vital regional information in clear language and focused practical utility.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.