Compact and comprehensive, this guide features 650 bird species, plus regional populations, found east of the Rocky Mountains. Entries include stunningly accurate illustrations–more than 4,601 in total–with descriptive captions pointing out crucial field marks. Every entry has been Up to date to include essentially the most current information concerning frequency, nesting, behavior, food and feeding, voice description, and key identification features. Here too are more than 601 Up to date maps drawn from information contributed by 110 regional experts around the continent, and showing winter, summer, year-round, migration, and rare ranges.
This new and improved edition includes:
• Up to date habitat, description, behavior, and conservation text for Every species account and all circle of relatives pages.
• New and revised illustrations of species and regional forms.
• New design featuring species accounts in columns, taking into consideration better comparison and more illustrations and text.
• Current taxonomic order and up-to-date common names.
• All maps revised to reflect essentially the most current range information.
• More species and rarities included.