As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The publication of The Sibley Guide to Birds, First Edition quickly established David Allen Sibley as the writer and illustrator of the nation’s supreme and most comprehensive guide to birds. Used by millions of birders from novices to probably the most expert, The Sibley Guide became the usual wherein natural history guides are measured. The highly anticipated second edition builds in this foundation of excellence, offering massively expanded and up to date information, new paintings, new and rare species, and a new, elegant design.
The second edition of this handsome, flexibound volume offers a wealth of improvements and updates:
• All illustrations reproduced 15 to 20 percent larger for better detail.
• Includes nearly 7,000 paintings digitally remastered from original art for enhanced print quality.
• Expanded text includes habitat information and voice description for each species and more tips on finding birds in the field.
• More than 600 new paintings, including illustrations of 115 rare species and additional paintings of common species and regional populations.
• More than 700 up to date maps of ranges, showing winter, summer, year-round, migration, and rare ranges.
• 85 bird circle of relatives pages now cross-referenced to species accounts.
• Revised taxonomic order and most current common names for each species.
The Sibley Guide to Birds, second edition, brings the genius of David Allen Sibley to the world once again in a thoroughly up to date and expanded volume that each birder will have to own.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.